Twitter Feed. RSS vs API

For my company blog, I created a RSS widget feed from my company Twittter account to feed to the splash page of our company blog.   This worked fine, but occasionally would not keep up to date with my most current tweets. I tested the WordPress RSS widget by aggregating other feeds into the same box, and these proved successful.  I then tried using Feedbuner as a 3rd party middle-man to work between WordPress and Twitter. This was more successful, but would frequently produce nothing.   My next step was to use a WordPress Twitter widget which collects its data from the Twitter API instead of the RSS feed. BINGO! I had solved the problem. This widget solved my problems instantly, and with WordPress formatting looks identical to the RSS feed I had previously implemented.